uc news partners with salman khan films to promote movie ‘tubelight’
2017-10-17 from: ucwebs
- as the ‘trending partner’, uc news makes ‘tubelight’ the first ever bollywood movie to be featured at new york's times square
- the special game launched on uc news attracts over 1 million participation in 5 days
mumbai, india, june 27, 2017 ：uc news, a content distributor from ucwebs, part of alibaba mobiles business group, with over 100 million monthly active users in india and indonesia, has partnered with sk films to promote the most awaited movie of the year - tubelight. as the official 'trending partner' of the movie, uc news continues its strategy to offer diverse, exclusive, and comprehensive content by offering its users exclusive behind the scene footage and a dedicated section on uc news offering special footage, news, comments and videos related to the movie tubelight.
uc news also employed an innovative strategy of movie promotion by launching an engaging digital game on uc news and later promoting the movie at times square in new york. the game invited users to join salman’s squad to find his brother by uploading their images on uc news and sharing with friends. the game registered over 2.3 million page views while over 1 million users participated in the game (in just 5 days) to help salman find his brother. after receiving 1 million shares, the poster of the movie was featured at new york’s times square.
commenting on the success of the game and collaboration young li, head of international business department, alibaba mobiles business group said,“the consumption of entertainment related content, especially cinema is at its highest in india. as one of the leading digital news aggregator, we understand indians’ love and passion for bollywood. in our continued commitment towards bringing best content for the users, we are delighted to announce our collaboration with sk films for tubelight. the collaboration will enable millions of uc news users to have direct access to some of the best and exclusive content of the much awaited movie.”
this is the first time when a movie has been innovative with its promotion strategies and is setting a new benchmark for other upcoming big banner releases.
- uc news partners with salman khan fil
- padampati sharma and vivek shukla bri
- uc news joins hands with balaji motio
- uc news brings #masalacommentary with
- ucwebs’s ‘super 1000’ outlines d
- ucwebs sets new trend with audience en
- after androids, 9apps to cater shopaho
- uc browser third most popular app in
- uc browser rolls out the biggest upda
- biggest update in two years, uc brows